Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ball-jointed Dolls (BJDs)

Hello all! Today I'd like to share one of my many interests with you!

For a LONG, LONG time I've been interested in these dolls (awesome beautiful things!)
They're called Ball-Jointed Dolls and mostly come from asian countries. They've been around for a very long time, and one of the most established companies that sells these is Volks. Volks isn't my favorite but they are very popular!
Another popular company is LUTS. Most prominently they are a retailer of Cerberus Project dolls (the Delf/Senior Delf/Kid Delf, etc.) I actually had an El Special but ended up never having enough room for the big (60CM) dolls.

Personally, I love tinies. They're usually classified as dolls below 20CM tall, but my favorites are the pukipukis from Fairyland. They are SO incredibly itty bitty (less than 5 inches tall! Dollhouse scale!) so I'm looking forward to getting one of them!

The doll that I currently own (Miss Violet Truffles Carmen Baxter) is an Alice Cherry Blossom from Charles Creature Cabinet. They were sold as various limited edition sets through Elfdoll. I managed to get one second hand from Den of Angels (which is the best forum for BJDs! Go check it out if you're at all interested in these awesome dolls!)
I don't have any pictures of her since she still has no eyes (oh yeah, did I mention their eyes and hair are removable?), but you can see the DoA database for Alice Cherry Blossom here. She's so very adorable and I LOVE how tiny she is!!
Here's the database on DoA for pukipukis. Look at them!! I want a Cupid (to turn him into a faun!) a pipi, and maybe the limited edition arabian kitty girl hawra hafa! She's so cute <3

So there you go, a little something about BJDs.
Check out the den of angels forum if you're interested, and if you have any questions for me please ask!!

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment