Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hard Candy luminizer and blush review and swatches

Hey again! I recently picked up Hard Candy's First Flush kit, and would like to share swatches from two of the products included! The lipgloss will be shown off later, I promise =)

First up, Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll:


I really quite like this blush. It's a straightforward, somewhat shimmery, midtone pink. This is one I reach for a lot (the days I wear any blush, that is!) and I am glad that I got a smaller size, because the regular one just looks too big for someone like me who really doesn't use blush often (it also takes up less space). I have only one complaint, and that is that the pan was not properly secured into the package. It rattled around suspiciously until I finally tipped it upside down and the blush fell out into my hand! Luckily, that was easy to fix by just super-gluing it back in. Otherwise, I think this is a great inexpensive blush, and the color payoff is great on my skintone. I would definitely recommend this to others!

Now we have the Glow All The Way luminizer, in Doll Face.

I love this product! It's a shimmery cream luminizer/highlighter with a slight pinkish cast to it. I may actually get a full size of this one since it's so inexpensive and I really do like it! I've heard some people mix this in to their moisturizer and it adds a pretty glow, and I can see how that would work well, but I'm not really interested in using it that way so I couldn't tell you how that would work out. I use this as I do any highlighter, applying it to the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and cupid's bow. This is one that I can use a bit more liberally since it actually comes off subtlely, provided you don't use tons of it. It adds a gorgeous subtle shimmer and highlight, I think it's just awesome! I would also highly recommend this product, especially for the low price.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps some of you out there!
Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Super love your blush! I should really think about trying out Hard Candy now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush is really nice! Hard Candy in general is pretty darn good. It's hit and miss at times but you never sink that much into a single product and the things that work are really great! I do wish it wasn't ONLY sold at Walmart, though =(

    ReplyDelete