Sunday, August 21, 2011

NK HD eyeshadow swatches and review

Here's another prize that I got from Shonablew007
These are just two shadows. I'm not familiar with this brand at all, but they're your basic pressed affair; a square of shadow in a plastic clamshell container with a clear lid.

Swatchies! These are over Elf eye primer.



3031 + 3020

I really quite like the colors. 3031 is a midtone purple with a strong silvery quality to it. My only complaint is that it's... sticky. When I was swatching it, it stuck to the brush =\ very odd. It also clumped up a bit. However, it still applied pretty much fine, it was just weird, and after I was done swatching it stuck to my brush quite a bit and was harder to wipe off than normal.
3020 is a simple navy blue. This one doesn't really have the same stickiness to it, but it is a little sticky as well. I find myself wondering what causes this, but then I realize that I don't actually care that much >.>
Anyway, what you see here is what you get. These colors are quite straightforward, and I find that the way they look in the pan is pretty much the way they look applied.

From what I've found, they only cost a couple dollars. Personally, I wouldn't buy them since I love my indie  shadow and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world <3 but if you're looking for an inexpensive shadow, these would be a pretty good choice. They're definitely nothing spectacular, but they're nice for what they are; pigmentation is good and they seem to wear fairly well on me.

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment