Thursday, November 24, 2011

Maybelline and Rimmel lipstick swatches/review

I have two lipsticks to show you, Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in "Plum Paradise" and Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in "Dizzy"


Swatched over bare skin
Indoors, natural light

Outdoors, natural light
 DIZZY

Indoors, natural light

Outdoors, natural light
 PLUM PARADISE

These are both nice lipsticks. I'm not so much of a lipstick person, but I do like both of em!

Dizzy: A nice, bright pink. This is very wearable and very pink. The texture is pleasant and creamy. It has a sweet sort of fruity scent to it that I don't much care for, though. The scent is overly sweet and pretty strong, but I can deal, I guess. I would give this 3.5 stars out of 5, really because of the unpleasant smell.
Plum Paradise: A more dramatic, very reddish plum sort of shade. This one looks nice on my lips, but is a bit more dramatic than some might like for a daytime look. Like Dizzy, this has a nice creamy texture, but I do find it to be less moisturizing. The scent is mild and unobtrusive, only slightly sweet. Mostly it tastes/smells like lipstick! 4 stars for this one.

Sorry for no lip swatches, I still feel kinda meh about them on me >.>

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment