Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eyeshadow tutorial- blackened purple smokey cat eye

Heyheyhey!
This tutorial is something I did for my German final last semester (that class was awesome!!), so I've finally gotten around to posting it here!
It's, like the title says, a very dark, purple cat eye. Quite a dramatic look and really really fun!
Enjoy <3

Start by priming your lids with your favorite primer (I used UDPP)

Then, use a white pencil (NYX slide on eye pencil "pure white") to draw a suitable shape (I do this because I can't freehand it with shadow to save my life! Always ends up lopsided. Skip this step if you're comfortable doing so!


Then, fill this shape in with a metallic black base. This is Kryolan aqua pearlshades "anthracite"

I then used a blackened, shimmery purple shadow over top of the black base. This is "Coma Black" from Black Rose Minerals.

And theeeeeeeeen, use a dark shimmery purple in the crease to blend out the edge. This is Fyrinnae's "Shinigami"
I also applied some black liner on the lower lashline, and smudged Shinigami over the top of that.

Now, apply a bright purple (I used TKB "Grape Pop") on the inner 1/3 of the eye, and sweep some shimmery, light purple shadow over top (TKB "Hilite Violet"). Also use Hilite Violet to blend out the edge of Shinigami. Don't be afraid to take this kinda far up.

Apply your highlight color (as usual, I used "Faerie" from Lost In Makeupland)

Then, apply your favorite face products and mascara, etc.
Done!
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment