Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How about some more MOVIES!?

So, it seems that my first (and so far only...) post about movies is a post that has gotten a DISPROPORTIONATELY MASSIVE amount of hits. Seriously, it's kind of weird. It's not even one of my own favorite posts :P So I thought I might make another, as I've since seen tons and tons of other awesome movies that I have come to love, so I figured perhaps I should share a bit about even more films!


First, and most prominently, Dark City!


Dark City is currently my favorite movie, no doubt about it. It's one that I find quite tough to describe, so let's just go with the blurb from IMDb: "A man struggles with memories of his past, including a wife he cannot remember, in a nightmarish world with no sun and run by beings with telekinetic powers who seek the souls of humans." While this does accurately describe the movie, it doesn't really sound as interesting as it really is...


Dark City is sort of the perfect movie, in my eyes...
It has some awesome visuals, the story is... impressive, to say the least, the movie left me thinking and got my creative wheels turning (which is something that doesn't happen often due to a movie). The ending is beautiful, truly, and I just can't get over how happy I am with this movie.


I mean it! If you haven't managed to see this movie yet, GO! WATCH! And even if you have already seen it, DO IT AGAIN!

So, now that we've gotten the best movie ever out of the way, let's move on...

To Event Horizon! I won't blabber about this one too much since I'm sure we've all seen it, I just have to mention it.


Because it's motherfucking Event Horizon.
And it's awesome. So yeah.

Okay, next!

Trick 'r Treat!
I know, the time for Halloween has "passed," you might say...
But I say NAY! It is always time for Halloween and its related funthings.


Trick 'r Treat is just sort of... the perfect Halloween movie. It's a little corny, and just a tiny bit hokey. But it all works together so well to become this beautiful, fabulous Halloween mess of awesome. I really, really love it. It's such a fun movie, just the right amount of gore and some spookiness. Totally cute (in a 'murdering people' way, not a 'ponies and rainbows' way...)


It's just a great Halloween movie, so if Halloween is your thing at all, do check it out! It's a few years old, but it's lost none of its charm :)


And then, there's Rifftrax!
Brought to you from the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3,000, Rifftrax is... basically the same thing, but with new, mainstream movies and no little silhouettes along the bottom or breaks for amusing antics. Might I recommend their commentary on Paranormal Activity and the Twilight series- both are stunningly hilarious and will give you an actual reason to watch the movies!
Some movies just aren't worth watching without Rifftrax to them...

Enjoy!
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment