Thursday, April 9, 2015

Corpse Paint look/text tutorial

Woo!

I have a super quick post to make 'cause I feel like this is important ;)

Recently we had a party and given the theme, I went with some corpse paint. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out! I've only done corpse paint a few times, and I just love the freedom and drama that comes with it. Check it out!










Products Used: 

Face:
MAC Prep & Prime all over
Barry M Creme Color (White) all over
Barry M colorless setting powder
ULTA matte black shadow to contour

Eyes:
Wet N Wild Fergie primer
ULTA matte black eyeshadow
NYX retractable eyeliner pencil
Maybelline Ultra liquid eyeliner

Scar:
A few smudges of NYX retractable eyeliner (Black)
Aromaleigh ROCKS! Shadow in Helter Skelter
Barry M stage blood

Lips:
NYX Lip Liner in Black Bean
Wet N Wild lipstick in Stoplight Red

So many pictures!

Anyway, here's the process~

I applied a thin layer of Prep & Prime, followed by the Barry M cream makeup (with a makeup sponge). Once I had a nice solid color, I set it with the neutral powder.

I put some Wet n Wild eyeshadow primer on my lids and around the eye area, and started in drawing a few basic lines around the eyes with the NYX retractable pencil, just to have a general idea of where I was going with it. Then, I smudged ULTA matte black shadow all over around the eyes, being sure to blend the edges out reasonably, covering all around as thoroughly as possible. 

Now comes the fun part! I used the Maybelline Ultra liner to draw all those great spindly looking lines around my eyes, generally following the layout I had made with the NYX pencil. I filled in areas that needed a little extra oomph (especially around the inner corners of the eyes) and tried to keep both sides even enough.

Then I grabbed my NYX pencil and gave just a few little bits of black into the scar, followed by Helter Skelter shadow, and gently dabbed that around the scar on my eyebrow. I figure, I got this big gnarly awesome scar, why not play it up? The red color was looking great, so I added a touch of fake blood along it to really make it look nice. Success!

The lips were quite basic. I lined and shaped my lips, and filled them in just a tiny bit with the NYX black lipliner. I created the little spiky lines and the line down my chin with eyeliner. Then, I filled in my lips with Stoplight Red lipstick (I love these Wet n Wild lippies btw!).

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment